trainer and coach
My teaching, training and coaching are based on my theater background.
I am also a certified Somatic Movement Coach.
The essence of Somatic Movement Coaching is to explore physical intelligence and transform it into well-being and effective action.
Simple exercises in posture, breath, voice and the use of space are the basic elements of my work.
Working with like-minded creative artists from the performing arts I have designed methods helping people to communicate and express themselves at a higher level. Focussing not on the content of the message, but on how it is brought across.
It is one thing to have great ideas and thoughts, but only through our body and voice can we express what truly lives within us.
By creating more awareness of the body and its movements, acknowledging how we feel, and investigating our actions and perceptions, we can find out who we truly are; the starting-point is to look beyond conditioned self-images, habits and patterns of thinking, moving and living.
For the last 12 years I\'ve been all over the world working as an independent trainer and coach for various different companies:
- Executive Performance Training
- The Lead - centre for Executive Presence (Bex* Communicatie en Training)
- Better Future
- Delacet Adviesgroep
- Hay Group Netherlands
- Fortis Foundation Netherlands
- De Baak
Rijnconsult, Corus, KPMG, Ministry of Finance, ABN AMRO, DSM, Sara Lee Douwe Egberts, Nijenrode University, Van Lanschot and others.
I am available to be hired by either individuals or companies.
Many people come to me when they want to be able to present (themselves) more freely and to feel more at ease in front of others.
- you are not able to reach your full vocal potential (grey, monotonous sound, mumbling, talking too fast.)
- you do not feel physically at ease. This may manifest itself in tensed shoulders and neck, high breath, dry throat, poor posture, restless movements or not being energetic enough, no freedom in the use of space, not being able to make enough contact.
I work in a movement studio. Depending on particular problems and requirements the focus of the work can be more on body, use of voice, breath or presentation.
In the end it comes down to gaining more confidence and increasing your personal presence, exploring your full potential and having more choice in your behavior.